Monday, February 25, 2008

The STAT project

I can see clearly now.

The Western Conference is getting tougher with each passing day and the Suns need to stay focused and perform sooner than later or could find themselves seeded 4th or 5th in the Playoffs which could be the perfect situation for disaster. How about a first round match up with Dallas or Houston without home court advantage.

Now I understand. The Suns’ moves of the past weeks were not panic driven nor Steve Kerr is dealing with the team with the sense of urgency we believed.
They are indeed rebuilding: around Stoudemire, I understand.

Steve Nash will be gone in a couple of years, Coach D’Antoni much earlier (I am afraid) and the Suns better have a plan to avoid a long way down. So, enter the Big Cactus.

Amaré is not ready to lead the Suns right now, he needed a mentor, a role model on and off the court, a Master he can look at for guidance.
Stoudemire is the only Suns really having great benefit from playing alongside the Big Man. “Before we even get started, Amaré Stoudemire is the best big man in the game right now,” O’Neal said. “I didn’t know he was this good”.

I may sound a bit negative but I guess that’s what watching the whole 48 minutes of the Sunday’s Pistons-Suns game can do for your.

Go Suns !

No comments: