Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Game notes from Vegas

The first game of the Summer Suns was a 93-89 loss to the Cavs. I know nobody really cares too much about the outcome of those games but there were some good news from Vegas. Marcus Banks, back at the UNLV gym, scored 42 points (23 in the 4th quarter alone) and shoot 13-19 from the field including 4-5 from 3-point range. I think it's good news, mainly because it means - at least I assume - Marcus is ready to fight for his place in tha rotation and he's taking this Summer league games seriously: a comeback from Banks could be the best move of the off season. I know...it's just ONE summer game, but I feel quite optimistic.
There was also some solid play from Alando Tucker, who was in action for 33 minutes and scored 13 points. Speaking of Alando, there was a very nice story about him in yesterday Republic, describing the young man's battle to stay out of trouble (drugs, gangs...) and become an NBA player. As I wrote before, I think I like the man, I am sure Suns fans will love him.

Next game will be tomorrow against the Summer Sixers at 8PM, Vegas Time. We should be able to catch it live (if you really can't live without basketball in July) on NBA TV.

Go Suns !

No comments: